Sunday, February 20, 2011

Umm... WOW.

It's done.  The playhouse is done.  And all I can say is WOW.


This thing is amazing.  It has room on top for not one, but two twin sized mattresses.

Smart, huh? 

I saw that argument coming a mile away.  

Although Alex has already mastered the ladder, she will sleep inside the playhouse for now.  I don't want to worry about her falling off the "second story" in the middle of the night.

In addition to looking amazing, it's amazing we actually got the playhouse into the girl's room.  First of all, it took five IRONMEN to get the panels into the house and up the stairs.  The longest one is over 11 feet long, and well, let's just say that it was a challenge to get it up the stairs.

Please give these gentlemen a round of applause (no, really - start clapping).  We could NOT have done this without their help.  Thanks guys.  Burgers and beer do not even come close to expressing our gratitude.

Then, it only took about 6 hours to assemble.  Well, 6 hours and a lot of creative manuvering.  Did I say that Kris left a 1/4 inch tolerance on both sides?

Scratch that. 

Make that ZERO tolerance.  The playhouse extends wall-to-wall.  It can physically be no bigger.


Wow.  I really can't believe it's in.

A huge thanks goes to my uncle Jimmy, who offered his tools, guidance and his home.  This may be Kris' baby, but he couldn't have done it without you!  So, thanks.  Really.



As you can imagine, the girls abosolutely **LOVE** their new playhouse. 

They better.

'Cause this thing is here to stay.



         

2 comments:

Jennifer McHam said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

The Armstrong's said...

AMAZING and so very creative! I heart DIY projects, they are so gratifying when finally complete. The girls are going to love it. Can't wait to see pics once the room is decorated w/ the surfboards.