It snowed today, and per protocol, absolutely everything shut down. Schools, businesses, roads, everything. From the hours of 12am to 7am Friday morning, there were over 100 traffic accidents reported in Travis county alone, one of which resulted in a fatality.
Come on people! We're Texans! Don't you realize by now that you are simply incapable of driving if even a single snow flake touches the ground!
Needless to say, the girls and I stayed home, and of course, played in the snow.
Well, Addison played in the snow, I took pictures and Alex... well, Alex didn't really enjoy the snow as much as we did. She mostly cried. To her credit, she has been sick for most of the week, and I did accidently bust her upper lip with my camera lens when I tried to brush the snow off her... so I guess she had good cause to cry. So sorry, my dear. I'll try not to abuse you next time it snows (most likely sometime next year)... maybe that way you'll enjoy it a bit more.
Here's a few pictures of our big SNOW DAY. We got about an inch of snow and scraped up just enough to make an 8in. snow midget. It was enough. Addie said she LOVED winter! (This coming from the girl who has repeatedly stated all winter long that she HATES winter and wants it to be summer).








No comments:
Post a Comment