So, I've been a little preoccupied with Alex and haven't posted any new pictures of Addison. I need to fix that.
Addison has been great with her baby sister. She helps out by giving Alex her paci when she needs it and Mom is busy (although, she did tell me the other day that she couldn't give Alex her paci because she was busy watching tv... great). She hates to see Alex upset and often tells me "Uh oh, Alex cries for you Mom" (yeah, she now calls me "Mom"... no more "momma" or "mommy"... and she even called me "Jen" the other day... great.)
Addison is also very protective of her baby sister. I had to take Alex along when I picked Addison up from school yesterday. The other kids in her class were interested in the baby (especially the girls) and came up for a closer look. Addison decided they were getting a little too close and "gently" held/pushed the other kids back, stating that it was HER baby sister. Not sure if she was being protective or possessive... oh well.
In other developmental news, Addison turned two and a half the other day and its beginning to show. She's very independent these days and wants to do everything herself... even when it comes to giving herself commands. Like the other day when I was trying to get her to school and she was stalling, refusing to get off the couch. When I said, "COME ON, Addie, lets go!" she replied with, "NO! Let ME say it!" (in a very whiny voice). Once she said "lets go," she got off the couch and happily went to the car. Ugh!!
The independence doesn't extend to everything, however. Ever since Alex came home, we've been taking major steps back with the potty training. She does great at school and has no problem going to the potty. However, its becoming a different story at home. I think she actually LIKES to sit in her poop, or at least thinks its funny or some sort of game that I'm playing with her.
Case in point: after smelling her foul stench from across the room (you would not believe how bad a 2 year old can smell), I told her we needed to go change her pants. She told me, "No, I want to sit in my poop until my bum gets sore." I said, "fine - sit in your poop until your bum gets sore." Of course, she changes her mind and exclaims - "No, Mom! You HAVE to change me!"
Case in point (#2): if and when she actually tells me that she has pooped, she always does it with an impish grin on her face, turns her bum toward me and states in a sing-song voice, "Moooom, I've got pooooop in my bum!" Last night she took it one step further by sticking her hand down the back of her pants and pulling out a very dirty finger to show me (am I grossing you out yet?).
Now, I'm sure this is old news to all of you out there with toddlers. And I'm sure my parents will read this and smile, thinking that it is payback time for all the trouble I gave them. Yes, it's my turn now...
Addison is progressing in other areas, though. She can hold a conversation like no one's business... sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a tiny little adult. And you really have to watch what you say around her because she picks up on everything... and she REMEMBERS.
Addie's also graduated to her big girl bed. We bought her a twin bed over a year ago and finally set it up in May after the floors were redone. Up until recently, she absolutely refused to sleep in her big bed, stating that she preferred her little bed, instead. She's now slept in her big bed for over a week now. In that time, she's fallen out of bed twice (I've had to run upstairs after hearing a loud thud in the middle of the night), and gotten out of bed twice to cry for Mom or Dad at the top of the stairs (where, of course, we have a gate). I've also found her face down asleep on the floor in the loft outside her room. She seems to wake up or fall out of bed about every other night. I'm hoping she'll get the hang of it soon.
Well, I guess that's enough Addie news. Here's some of her latest pictures.
3 comments:
LOVE all the news - Aren't 2-year olds awesome?? Tristan keeps us in stitches. He loves to talk about poop and his BUTT all the time (when he says it he always emphasizes the B, like this: "My Butt!") and it's hard not to laugh and just prolong the conversation. He thinks the word "diarrhea" is the funniest thing he's ever heard! Can't wait for the pics. Much love -
Jen
Poop stories are the best. At least she hasn't been eating it like one of ours did...
Oh my gosh she is a gorgeous little girl. The poop thing has me freaked out. YUK! How can something so precious be so gross. LOL
Post a Comment