Sunday, October 26, 2008

Alex is 2 months old

Posted by Picasa


I can't believe two months have gone by already. Little Alex is growing FAST. She left the hospital weighing about 6lbs. In the past two months, she has gained 5lbs and 3 inches, bringing her up to 11lbs 2oz (50%) and 23 inches (75%). She's an absolutely wonderful baby... everything I asked for.


Her 2-month doctor's visit went well with the exception of shots. I realize that the nurses are trying to get them done as quickly as possible, but really, pay attention to what you're doing. The nurse must have drug the needle across her little thigh when administering two of the three shots. One thigh was scratched pretty deep... she bled through the first bandage and my shirt before I realized what had happened (I was too busy trying to comfort my screaming baby). Once I noticed all the blood, I re-bandaged her leg (the nurse had already left the room... lucky for her), calmed her down and went to check out. The receptionist looked at me a bit funny and asked if I knew that I had blood all over my shirt... yeah, I know.


Anyway, she survived and I left without harming any of their staff.


Other than doctor's visits, Alex and I have been hanging out at home and enjoying the outdoors by swinging in the hammock and taking really long walks. I've found that walking about an hour and a half a day does us both a lot of good... I get some fresh air and exercise and she gets a nice long nap. I guess I better enjoy it while I can. I only have a week left with my little girl. It makes me sad that our one-on-one time is almost over, but reality calls...

2 comments:

Jennifer McHam said...

Your girls are BEAUTIFUL! Soooo sorry about the shots - oh my gosh.

The Armstrong's said...

I love the picture! Going back to work sux, your right. I really hate leaving Lilly when she is in a great mood...and the bad days-"later tater moma's gotta go!" J/J