Tuesday, February 23, 2010

SNOW!?

It was sunny and 70 degrees two days ago. Today... its SNOWING! The Texas weather gods sure have an insane sense of humor.

Its really coming down now, but I can't seem to get any decent pictures of the snowfall. Maybe I'll try later after it accumulates a bit more.

The girls were excited to see the snow this morning. Addie wanted to get outside in the worst way, but by the time she got dressed, the snowfall had changed to a slight sleeting. We went out on the back deck anyway, so she could eat some delicious ice from the deck. Yum.

Photobucket

The snow is supposed to continue for the rest of the day, and we all know what that means. Austin will eventually shut down. Yeah, all you Northerners may laugh at our ineptitude, but believe you me, it's just better that we all stay home. If, for no other reason, than to avoid the traffic nightmare that will inevitably ensue.

I sent the girls to school so they would have something fun to do indoors. And wouldn't you know it, I forgot to bring work home with me (I really did mean to, as I knew the storm was coming), so it looks like I get my own little snow day!

After school, the girls and I hit the backyard for snow-tasting and snowman building. Alex decided she just wanted to taste the snow.

Photobucket

Addie, on the other hand, enjoyed throwing snowballs and building snowmen, or at least one snowman with a raisen face, stick arms and a healthy head of moss.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jennifer McHam said...

Jen - If you get enough, you have GOT to try snow ice cream! 8 cups snow, 1 can condensed milk, and 2 t vanilla extract - YUMMO! The kids will LOVE it!!!