Let's see, where did I leave off? Oh yeah, Halloween. Let's see if I can remember what we did over the last four months...
November 2009
November... November... You know, I don't think we did anything in November.
No, wait a minute... come to think, we did travel to Cozumel. For a little thing called the IRONMAN!
Now this really deserves a post all of its own. After nine months of very strenuous training, Kris participated in and completed his very first Ironman. Not only did he complete the race and survive, he did so with a very respectable time. I'll let him tell you all about it... that is, if he hasn't already.
Here's a picture of the boys with their bikes. Congratulations, guys! No matter what we say (or how much we poke fun of your matching tattoos), we (the wives) are most definitely impressed.

December 2009
Christmas came fast this year. We were so preoccupied with making plans for Cozumel (for which we had to fly out on Thanksgiving Day), that we nearly forgot about Christmas! Well, not exactly. We did get the Christmas tree up (about a week before Christmas) and we managed to get all of our Christmas shopping done (all in one weekend, again, one week before Christmas... thank God for the internet). After packing bags, gifts and children in the car, we drove to Houston for what I like to call The Great Christmas Marathon. Four Chrismas celebrations at four different houses, typically, in less than 48 hours. We had a bit of a reprieve this year, as the celebrations were spread out over a couple of days.
Here's a few pictures from the Siegert family Christmas. I have so many pictures, but so little patience for uploading them, so I've posted just a few (of my girls, of course).




Here's some pictures from my Mom's side of the family. I found matching dresses for the girls on sale! Whoohoo!




January 2010
Ok, now I'm at a loss. Although it seems like we've been extremely busy and there's been no time to get anything done (like blogging), I can't think of a single thing we did in January (aside from going to kid birthday parties just about every weekend). Here's some pics of the girls playing in the backyard and watching tv in the pink chairs they each got for Christmas.




February 2010
And here we are at February... almost caught up.
My birthday was on the 5th. Kris hardly ever travels for work, but wouldn't you know it, Dell scheduled a conference the week of my birthday in Florida. Figures. My birthday is always overshadowed by something (stupid Super Bowl).
He flew out Monday morning and didn't return until Friday evening, so I had the whole week alone with the girls (and Roger, of course). It actually wasn't that bad. The girls were fairly good ('good' being a relative term, of course). It's just that I never had a moment to myself, not even while I slept. After doing the morning routine, shuttling the kids to daycare, going to work, picking them up, fixing dinner, cleaning the kitchen, bathing the munchkins and then getting them to bed - I was tired. And it didn't stop there. Alex was in the habit of waking at night and insisting that she come sleep with me. Ugh.
But like I said, it really wasn't all that bad.
By Friday, I decided I deserved a little down time, so I took the day off for my birthday. I had a massage, got a long overdue haircut, went to lunch and then did a little shopping before picking the girls up from daycare. For someone who never takes time for herself, it was heaven. Mental note: try to do something nice for yourself every once in awhile.
February also marks Alex's 18 month birthday. Man, the girl is growing up fast. She's starting to communicate really well these days. She can mimic almost anything you say, and she's starting to string two and three words together. She's still big for her age at 26 lbs (75%) and 33.5 in (90-95%), but she seems to be thinning out, as she has grown taller without adding any extra weight. Where once she was my little garbage disposal, she has now gained an opinion on what she will and will not eat.
I'll leave you with a few pictures from yesterday. We went out to my uncle's place for the day and had fun exploring the property and climbing on his many tractors. The girls love it out there, as do we. It's nice to get out in the fresh air and just enjoy hanging with family.





2 comments:
Jen.
They just don't get any cuter. Seriously.
How do you get the pictures so big on your blog?? Mine always show up so tiny.
Thanks for posting :) Always so nice to hear what y'all are up to! Yaaaaaay to Kris for his ironman - Phew!!! And Happy belated birthday!!!!!
Jen :)
Yay, great to hear from you...even if only through a post! The girls look very happy and have grown so much. Congrats to Kris!!! That takes lots of hard work, what a great accomplishment...WAY TO GO! Jen you still look like you are 18 years old, LUCKY!
Post a Comment