Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Couple's Triathlon

Kris participated in his second triathlon on Sunday, July 13. It was a couple's triathlon, and as I am currently busy with other projects, he entered the race with his friend, Joey. Both racers did a very good job.



The triathlon consisted of an 800m swim, 11.1 mile bike and 5k run. The swim is obviously his strongest leg - he finished 26 out of 833. His new tri bike helped him shave a couple minutes (correction from Kris: 8 minutes) off his bike time. He still needs to work on the run a little - he was passed by several old women and children. ;) See pics from the Couples Tri below.



After a mountain biking trip to Canada, he and Joey will participate in the next tri series triathlon on August 3rd. Becoming quite the little competitor, isn't he?



1 comment:

The Armstrong's said...

Way to go Kris. I tried doing high impact yoga today and only made it 15 minutes. I am gonna blame it on the recent c-section and the 11 months of little to no aerobic activity! Keep up the good work!