Since I'm on a roll with this posting thing, I thought I'd give a few updates on the status of this pregnancy. I saw my OB on Monday for my 35 week appointment. It was pretty uneventful, with the exception of the hour and fifteen minute wait, and was over in less than 10 minutes. Typical, but I don't mind. I don't envy my doctor's job - she's an extremely busy person. Hopefully, she can make it up to me by actually being there for the delivery!
So, we've only got about 4-5 more weeks to go - presuming, of course, that this baby comes a little early, too. I thought this pregnancy was dragging along until now. Now, it feels like we could have a new baby any day. Best to wait awhile, though. I still have so much work to do and the baby needs time to grow. My doctor is currently estimating the baby's weight to be about 4.5lbs... crazy how they can do that (even if its not too accurate)... I can't even tell what position the baby is in!
The pregnancy itself has been relatively smooth. My weight gain has fluctuated wildly from one month to the next. After gaining 8lbs the previous month, I gained 0lbs this month. I was a bit concerned about the zero weight gain, but my doctor said that she won't worry unless I fail to gain any weight over the next two weeks.
My biggest concern throughout this pregnancy (and especially, the last couple of months) has been my heart. I've got a minor irregularity that worsens with pregnancy, and it just seems to be having a hard time moving all that extra blood around. I saw a cardiologist last week for an ultrasound and holter monitor test. The ultrasound indicated a minor case of mitral valve prolapse (not surprising - it runs in my family and is common during pregnancy) and a small leak (also common in pregnancy). I go back on Friday to get the results of the holter monitor test. I expect that it will show the same thing that it did five years ago - premature ventricular and atrial beats. The only way to get rid of them is to take a low dose beta blocker. No thanks... I barely have the energy to chase after my two year old, as it is.
I have one more two week appointment and then two weekly appointments scheduled before the due date. I'll keep you posted (if I can)...
No comments:
Post a Comment