Saturday, March 8, 2008

Yay for Second Trimesters!!

I actually passed the first trimester mark a couple of weeks ago, but the symptoms just didn't want to die down. I've been feeling better and better every day this week, and I now almost feel as if I am a normal person! What a relief - no more feeling like I'm going to drop into a coma at any second, no more wildly erratic heart beats (I have this little heart issue that flares up with stress and exhaustion, not a real problem - just highly annoying), no more nausea and no more being repulsed by all food and all smells (I even made Kris change his deodorant, because I couldn't stand the smell)!

I had my 16 week check-up on March 5th. Nothing all that exciting too report, oh, except that I gained 5 lbs, which is good, since I had lost 3 lbs at my previous appointment. It's rather hard to eat when you're repulsed by almost everything. But we're back on track now and I'm popping out in all sorts of places now. In fact, and I'm sorry to say, that the belly arrives almost immediately after taking the pregnancy test. I've had (what I think is) a significant belly for the past month. I now sometimes look like I did when I was 5-6 months along with Addie. I'll try to post a belly pic soon, if I get the chance.

The most significant news that came out of my latest appointment is the date of our anatomy ultrasound. We will be finding out the sex of this baby on April 2nd! Addie says it is a boy. I've mostly been calling it a girl in my head (could be habit). Oh well, I guess we will find out soon!

2 comments:

Jennifer McHam said...

Yay! I"m so glad you're feeling better!! Can't WAIT for April 2nd!!!

The Armstrong's said...

It's good to hear you are feeling better. I think we can both agree that we will take everything just to have a happy baby...(aches, pains, nausea, lethargy, constipation, weight gain, headaches...should I go on) I'm enjoying your blog, fun way to keep in touch eh? That last bit was for Kris. LOL