Kris playing around: Take 1.
Trying to keep my hat from blowing away - it was pretty windy up there.
At the top after scrambling around after my hat.
White girl (not for long) checking out the view.
Kris playing around: Take 2.
He's now decided that he wants to jump from one large boulder to the next even though (or maybe because) the crowd of people in the area were working hard to convince their teenage sons NOT to jump.
There he goes...
... and he makes it (barely)!
Now, how do I get down?
Pretending to climb the boulder he just jumped across.
All in all, it was a good day and we had fun. We ended up spending about 3 hours on the Rock, then headed back to the B&B for a swim in the grotto pool and a little sunbathing on the deck before our afternoon massages.
I think that's when the problem started. Yes, I shouldn't have gone out without sunscreen. Yes, I shouldn't have laid out in the sun after the swim. But I think the real problem most likely started with the massage. I didn't think about how the massage oil would affect my already sunburnt skin. Well, I should have. As it turns out, oil is NOT the best thing to put on sunburnt skin. In fact, its about the worst thing you could do. As the massage therapist rubbed oil into my skin, it sealed in the heat causing deeper and deeper burns. I kept commenting to Kris all that night that my meat was cooking... and although it probably wasn't as bad as that, it sure felt like it. I couldn't walk for about a day and a half afterwards (good thing I decided to fry myself at the end of our trip, and not the beginning).
So, a word to the wise (or at least, the other morons like me): take sunscreen AND USE IT. The times you really need it are the times when you think you don't.
No comments:
Post a Comment