Thursday, February 21, 2008

Latest Update

Things have been getting a little better now that I've entered the second trimester. I'm still getting nauseous, but it seems to start later in the day and doesn't last as long. My biggest problem right now is that I can't seem to sleep through the night. I wake up every couple of hours, usually because of some strange dream (have you ever noticed that pregnancy dreams are nuts!), and can't seem to fall back to sleep. I think my body is trying to prepare itself for the sleeplessness that comes after the baby arrives. Screw that! I don't need any more practice! Addie didn't sleep through the night until she was a year old!


Other than that, there's not really much else to report, so I thought I'd post some of our pictures from Taryn and my birthday weekend. I'll start with a picture that I stole from Loren's blog. We never have pictures of Addie, Kris and I.

Memaw, Niki and Addie


Loren and Taryn

Playing around with Dad...

Nene joins in on the fun...


...while everyone takes pictures of the birthday boy.


The weather was great, and everyone had a good time hanging outside...

After opening presents (see Loren's blog - I was busy handing Taryn his gifts, so all I got was a picture of Kris wiping Addie's nose with wrapping paper)...

... we went inside for cake. As you can guess, Taryn was a little tired by this point and not really in the mood for cake, so Addie and I took care of the candles on the big cake. And then Addie helped Taryn with his little cake.
Somebody just take me to bed!




















































2 comments:

Jennifer McHam said...

LOVE the pictures! I can't believe how big Addie has gotten and how much BLONDE HAIR she has!!! Taryn is also a little doll! Hope you are feeling better soon - I don't think I've slept since I was pregnant with T :( Maybe when they go to college???
xoxo
Jen

The Armstrong's said...

Cute pics, Happy belated birthday.