I mean, deciding on a Halloween costume is HARD. For a kid, that is (if you're an adult with kids, you probably spend most of your time getting your kids ready for the big night, walk out the door, realize YOU don't have a costume, turn around, search the house, and throw on whatever you can find before running out the door again... at least, that's what I tend to do.). There are just so many costume choices these days, and they all seem very appealing when you're strolling down the Target aisle with your Mom. Forget the fact that we're running late for where ever we currently need to be, this is a BIG decision and it certainly cannot be rushed.
She deliberated, finally, between Wonder Woman and Supergirl. We brought both home from the store: Supergirl for Alex and Wonder Woman for Addie. However, upon trying the costumes on, Addie changed her mind (again) and decided to be Supergirl.
I think her final choice was appropriate. She is, after all, a super girl. And I have no doubt that she will one day turn into a wonderful woman.
We started the day with the annual costume parade at the girls' school. It's not much. The kids get to wear their costumes to school, and at the appointed time, they all go outside and parade around a circle so that everyone can see. It's not much. But it's always very cute.
This year, Taryn was visiting and came along to watch the school parade. He wasn't really into wearing his fireman costume, but I think he had fun... at least for awhile. The girls' school is much bigger than his, and I think the number of kids and the chaos that inevitably ensues, was a bit troubling for him (hence, the frowns).
My SUPER girls.
![]() | ![]() |
I tried to get a picture of all "my" kids, but it was a bit sunny, and this is the best I could do.
![]() | ![]() |
After the parade, we headed over to Dell for some cubicle trick-or-treating. The kids started the candy-crazed holiday off right by filling their baskets to the brim.
On Saturday night, we went to a friends house for a Fear Factor themed Halloween party. The party hosts went all out with Fear Factor-ish games, some of which included gross eating challenges (e.g., a cup of "mud and worms" and a "poopy" baby diaper), an obstacle course through a scary tent, and a baby pool filled with 20lbs of cold, cooked spaghetti... oh, and with severed hands, eyes and other appendages mixed in. As you can imagine, the kids had so much fun!

This is what happens when you don't have a Halloween costume planned in advance. Loren ended up going to the party as "past-Kris" and I went as "present-Kris," or relatively present, as Halloween was only four months after his bike accident. Niki went as a doctor, or in other words, in her everyday work clothes, and Kris went as Wolverine (I'll give you two guesses where the girls get their super hero fascination from... and one of those guesses doesn't count).
![]() | ![]() |
On Sunday (Halloween night), we went trick-or-treating with friends, and of course, fun was had by all. It was fun to watch Alex, as she was a lot more confident this year and would run up to the houses screaming "TRICK-OR-TREAT" at the top of her lungs!
We did have to explain to Alex about the houses that left candy out on the porch. She thought they were leaving the entire bowl out for her!
"What? This isn't all for me?"
I hope your Halloween was just as SUPER as ours!

















No comments:
Post a Comment