Wow. Has it really been that long?
She used to be so small.
See.

And look at her now...

My big 4 year old.
But don't tell her that, because she won't believe you...
On the day Addison turned 4, I wished her a Happy Birthday followed by "I love you, my big 4 year old." And this is what she said: "No, Mom. I am NOT four years old. I don't turn 4 until I eat the birthday cake at the petting zoo birthday party."
Oh, boy. Too bad that party isn't scheduled until May. I guess 4 is going to be a short year for her. Well, unless I flake on her 5th birthday, as well.
Addison had her 4 year well-check visit today. She now weighs 40 lbs and is 41 inches tall, which keeps her in the 75% for both height and weight. They also checked her eyes and ears at this visit, so I now have positive confirmation that she actually does hear what I say...
The worst part of the visit was the 4 year immunizations. Well, for me anyway. Addison took them like a champ. She actually watched the nurse inject the first two shots, layed back and gave me a nervous little look during the third shot, and nearly convulsed during the fourth shot. The nurse warned me that the fourth shot was going to be a doozy. I didn't quite believe her until I saw Addison's reaction. As soon as she injected the fourth shot, Addison arched her back sharply and her little face turned beet red... but she didn't make a sound or shed a single tear. I, on the other hand, almost cried. When we left the room, the other nurses were cheering and calling her a rock-star. They told me that they can hear most kids crying all the way out to the car.
That's my big, tough 4 year old.
4 comments:
WOW! Way to go Addie! Tristan is STILL talking about how horrible his shots were and how he HATES nurses. And we don't even allow that word. he never uses it unless he's talking about nurses giving shots!!
PS Happy Birthday Addie and happy labor day Mommy ;) !!
Aww sweet post, and very funny about the hearing you part. Where do they learn these rotten behaviors so young? Lilly is always ignoring me now, it drives me nuts. But I guess I would ignore someone who always told me no, stop it, don't touch... you know this story! Happy Birthday.
You guys are truly blessed to have such beautiful girls. Love all of the pictures! Hope everything is going well. Love, Keri
Post a Comment