
It was not so long ago that I circled our block, belly extended, birthing entourage following closely behind, waiting patiently (and not so patiently) for you to come...
It was not so long ago that I gazed upon your sweet little face for the very first time, the tears obscuring my view as the doctor placed you in my arms...
It was not so long ago that I awoke to your tiny newborn cries, night after night, day after day, until I lost all sense of time and there was only you and there was only me...
It was not so long ago that I had the privilege of staying home with you, spending countless hours swingly gently in the hammock as you slept peacefully in my arms...
It was not so long ago that I heard you laugh for the first time and say your first word ('dadadada')...
It was not so long ago that I cried the first time you called me 'Mama'...
It was not so long ago that I watched, both wary and excited, as you came to understand mobility, from rolling around on the floor in circles to walking clear across the room without crutch or saftey net, so proud to be standing on your own two feet...
And finally...
It was not so long ago that I asked God for the perfect little girl, and He sent me you, which is more than I ever asked for...
I love you, sweet Alexandra Kaye. Happy 1st Birthday.

________________________________________________________________________________
Alex had her 1 year well-baby checkup today. She is now in the 90% for both height and weight at 30.5in and 23lbs 11oz, respectfully. She is currently healthy (after two rounds of ear infections and a strange full body rash) and is developing right on track (maybe even ahead a bit, as she is now walking on her own and eating mostly table foods). For now, we will ignore the recommendations about bottles and pacis, but keep the car seat rear-facing.
1 comment:
Happy B-Day sweetie! They grow so fast it's incredible. Love the post it is very sweet!
Post a Comment