Sunday, January 18, 2009

Update on Alex

Well, another month has gone by. Alex is now 5 months old and growing like a weed. No stats to report, as we don't have another well baby visit until 6 months. She is developing quite nicely, though.



Alex has really developed an interest in her toys. She's been spending time in her activity center (you know, those saucer shaped things that keep kids CONFINED and entertained with 360 degrees of flashing lights, sounds, pictures and toys... we actaully have two of these monsters). She's also enjoyed her Baby Bouncer recently, although she just kind of hangs there... she hasn't quite figured out how to jump, yet.



After checking out her chunk, Aunt Niki suggested that I strap her into the bouncer for some excercise. Hey, I love her chunk. My favorite is the wrist roll. You know, when the little arm gets so fat that it starts to roll right over her little chunky hand! (I think I just made my child sound obese... don't worry, she's actually very healthy.) That's the best! We are, however, going to take Aunt Niki's advice. I think that the bouncer enabled Addie to walk at an early age (8 months) because it taught her to use her legs. There are too many baby toys out there that simply strap the kid into a seat, and not enough toys that allow them the freedom to move around on their own.



We've introduced (solid) foods this month, but have had very little success. So far, Alex HATES rice cereal and oatmeal. I've tried it at several different consistencies and with/without fruit (such as apple sauce). She also didn't care for sweet potatoes (which was one of Addies favorites), but I have had success with bananas (a real banana, which I smashed and fed her with my fingers) and a little bit of carrots (baby food). We're taking it slow, because I want her to get used to solid foods at home before I send it to school.



Here's a few of Alex's latest pictures.




No comments: